Hi everybody, I’m Andrea and I’m a Civil Engineer major. I joined the Summer Pilot Program because I want to improve my writing skills, they are not at a college level but I want this experience to be fun and at the sametime work on improving them. I live in Corona, Queens and I really enjoy outdoor activities mainly because I like the outdoors landscape.
I spend most of the time with my brothers all day, every day. Lately we go out biking and running.
I play different sports and I’m also into trying new ones, some of the sports I used to play are soccer, softball, basketball and bowling. I went to Chelsea CTE H.S and that’s where I played most of my favorite sports. I also like to dance, but I don’t know much. My Favorite subject is Math, but I’m not the best at it, I really enjoy math and I owe that to my teachers and one of my closest friends, they love math and that influence me into liking it as well.
I like to watch TV and movies mostly because of my brothers, they are into it and I just tag along with them and then have conversations afterwards and most of the time it ends up on arguments( I think is kind of fun getting them to argue with me, but then we just leave it alone).I like music. I think it’s way to express yourself through it, I don’t really play any instrument but I like to listen to different genres.
One of the things that inspire me as a writer and a thinker are poems but it’s not limited to that. One of my favorite poems is Live your life by Tecumseh, I first heard this poem, not so long ago, by my brother he read it aloud to me and as he did so I couldn’t stop thinking about it’s message and I love this poem. My brother heard this poem in Act of Valor, a movie, they really like it and it’s one of things that we have in common.
We all like to read and share our ideas, they are the greatest company I have. I like it when people set standards high for me, it challenges me to work up to them, I do have struggles but I like to work hard and see the results for myself. My parents have always reminded my brothers and I to strive, to persevere and we will build our own success. With their support I have come to this point, to college, to City College and I’m excited for what this experience is going to bring me. That’s it for now. See you guys in class and hopefully it won’t be the last time we see each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment