More about the Guidelines:
You can find out more about the guidelines and to get your own copy of the prompt questions here: http://www.focusing.org/perlprocess.htmlI encourage you to practice this technique regularly on your own any time you have a new piece of writing you want to work on.
In my experience, it takes time to learn how to explore your thoughts in writing in this way. It's taken me many years of practice to be able to produce writing on the fly like this.
My example:
Through the link below you'll find an essay I wrote using the guidelines. Please note that I discuss sexuality in direct ways, so if you'd rather not read it, you're not required to. The document begins with the assignment prompt, which was to write a profile based on a visual image. You will see the finished final essay first. As you scroll down, you will find all the writing I produced when using the Guidelines--first my lists exploring the topic, then my freewrites in response to the prompts. Skim or read through this doc. What do you notice about how I used the Guidelines? What similarities or differences do you notice compared to your own experience?Link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/17zK50WrJNkb3MFDlIoqgz4JeTZXyOJaoL3XIuj63Nh8/edit?usp=sharing
No comments:
Post a Comment