Anyway, I live in Woodside, Queens with my mom, brother and my two very adorable pets: Sophia (my cat) and Nicholas (my rabbit).
I attended Robert F. Wagner Jr. Secondary School for Arts & Technology. I went there for 6 years for both middle school and high school. I enjoyed high school there more than the middle school years. Wagner is such a tiny school, but I loved every minute of it during high school. Here's a picture from my Senior Trip, not everybody went, but we all still had a blast!
My interests and hobbies include, but are definitely not limited to are: writing, painting, drawing, hanging out with family, friends, and my boyfriend. When it comes to music I listen to a variety of artists such as The Police, Daughter, One Direction, Lionel Richie, The Beatles, The Killers, Michael Jackson, Big Sean, Kanye West, John Mayer, Passion Pit, Lauryn Hill, The Lumineers, Frank Sinatra, Rod Stewart, Michael Bolton, Miguel, Robin Thicke, Run DMC, Jay Z, Birdy, Black Keys, Bruno Mars, Capital Cities and list goes on and on. When it comes to films, I love comedies and horror. Occasionally I will watch romance, if it's not too corny. Like those Nicholas Sparks films, I've never seen them and I probably never will. I like action films as well, drama, mystery and some documentaries.
What interests me as a writer and a thinker is anything that can push my thinking further than what I can possibly do myself. I love to be challenged, even though it can frustrating to accomplish understanding something completely, in the end it is very satisfying. I like to question a lot what I read and often enjoy analyzing minuscule details into much broader subjects. Which is why I love reading poetry a lot, the little details provided by the poet are a gateway waiting to be opened by the reader. As a reader, I feel that it is my responsibility to take a text apart and not just read to get it over with.
My perspective on what it feels like being an incoming CCNY freshman student is that I feel a bit intimidated and comfortable enough at the same time. I've only been on campus 4 times and I already enjoy being on campus. I'm looking forward to attending CCNY for the next 4 years. Good luck to all of you and I hope to see you guys around!
-Emily

Hey Emily,
ReplyDeleteGreat post! I especially like your use of GIFs. (Maybe I can show you my GIF collection on my laptop some time.) It looks like you have a good understanding of what belongs in each paragraph, too. I'm looking forward to reading more from you.